Mark Cuellar established his architectural practice in Chicago in 2002, and gained recognition as a specialist in single-family residential and commercial interiors. Award-winning projects have been located world-wide, with projects throughout the US, Australia, Angola, and the Middle East.
After 10 years of business, Mark put the company on hold and joined a long-time client, Argo Tea Cafe, as a full-time development specialist helping to build the brand from the 2nd location to over 60 locations world-wide. Responsibilities expanded outside of typical architectural duties to that of construction management, project management, and cross-functional team leadership.
Having relocated to Southern California in 2015, Mark is now focusing on select residential projects and commercial design and development consulting with a focus on brand, experience, and place-making.
- Bachelor of Architecture, 1995, The University of Texas at Austin
- Licensed Architect in New York, past licenses in Illinois, Texas, Wisconsin. California forthcoming
- LEED Accredited Professional
- NCARB Certified
- Chicago Self Certification Architect
- Chicago Registered Energy Professional
- Member, American Institute of Architects (AIA), National & Long Beach/South Bay Chapters
- Member, Project Management Institute (PMI)
AWARDS / PUBLICATIONS / SEMINARS:
- AIA Chicago Honor Award for Interior Architecture for Touch Salon
- Speaker at AIA Illinois PDC, On the Home Front: Current Residential Design
- AIA Chicago Interior Architecture Award for I&S Residence
- AIA Chicago Distinguished Building Award for LAGA Office Addition*
- AIA Citation of Merit Interior Architecture Award for Turner Office Build-out*
- AIA Citation of Merit Distinguished Building Award for the UIC Ambulatory Care Center*
- Publication in the August issue of Architectural Record for the 3Com Corporation Headquarters*
*work completed while at another firm
Mark A Cuellar, AIA, LEED AP
Long Beach, CA